Thank you to everyone that applied.
We are doing a second call-out for fall positions! Full and part time positions available! If you submitted an application in the spring for a fall position, there’s no need to apply again. This is just a chance for those who might have missed out to get their applications in. Help us stir the pot next year!
Positions available: Full and Part time co-workers
Deadlines to apply: July 20th 2013
Position Begins: August 20th 2013
Some skills that will help:
– Experience working within grassroots, co-operative, or worker-run environments.
– Comfortable taking initiative in organizing and leading people, while also providing space for others to contribute at every level of the process.
– Having respect for everyone’s diverse abilities and perspectives, and an ability to address or defuse tension between people, or oppresive behaviours.
– Knowledge of, and experience with, food safety regulations.
– Being Comfortable in a kitchen and planning a meal to feed 400 people.
– Motivation to bring about social and political change on campus and in society.
– Attending weekly meetings and taking an active role in the short term and long term operations of the Ladle by helping to fulfil the tasks needed to continue it’s daily operations, while also working to identify and undertake new ways in which the Ladle can better serve the community.
Some of the available Duties:
– Bottom lining the daily cooking and serving of food to 400 people.
– Financial accounting, grant writing, policy overview, and other such activites.
– Administrative work such as answering emails, and volunteer outreach.
– Research into issues involving social and environmental justice or food security on campus and the community, and planning solidarity actions to address them.
*These duties can be shared, distributed, and negotiated between staff as they feel apropriate.
How to Apply:
Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org You may send us your resume, but we also encourage you to provide us with any information about you that you feel is important, in any format that you wish. The Loaded Ladle has a hiring policy which recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions of individuals from diverse communities, backgrounds, and abilities this post. We encourage applicants to describe in their application the unique contributions and experience that they may bring to the Loaded Ladle.