As some of you may know, The Coast, a weekly alternative Halifax-based newspaper, runs an annual Readers’ Choice competition, with categories ranging from Best Barber to Best Poutine to Best Massage Therapist.
This year, the Loaded Ladle is campaigning to WIN in the category of Best Campus Eats. Wouldn’t it be amazing if, instead of a profit-driven restaurant or food service, a student-run, inclusive FREE community kitchen won?
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to The Coast’s Best Of voting page
2. Find Best Campus Eats under “Restaurants”
3. Put in “Loaded Ladle” and make our dreams come true
4. Voting period is June 1st to July 31st
Let’s highlight the amazing accomplishments and student organizations we’ve all put so much work into! Some others categories we suggest voting in could be:
– Best Radio Station and Station for Local Music: CKDU 88.1
– Best Activist Organization: South House (who came in 3rd last year!)
– Best Place to Volunteer: Dal Urban Garden, Dal Bike Centre,
– Best Student Hang: NSPIRG office
Keep an eye on our Best Of Facebook Page for updates, hilarious jokes, and encouragement.
Thanks for all your support, pals! We wouldn’t be here without you all. Let’s get some well-deserved glory!
In solidarity and victory,
The Loaded Ladle